Friday, February 26, 2010

# 41

#41 do 10 things completely out of my comfort zone after tonight I have 1 down and 9 more to go.

The date is 2/26/2010 and for those of you who may not know me very well I will let u in a little secret of mine shhhh dont tell k :) but I am afraid of large groups of people where I know no one and that is exactly what I did tonight. I decided to come home for the weekend 1 to receive my endowments which will be a differnt story on a differnt day and 2 because its my younger sisters birthday this wknd and she was having a big shindig to celebrate her birthday. So my younger sister was pretty excited that I would be in town so that I could go to this social event with her. I decided to do it because hey I get to mark something off the list. So we got ready for the night and we were off...So I must say now that my sister is almost 3 years younger than me which would mean the people we would be hanging out with and associating with would most likely also be AT LEAST 3 years younger than me but again i decided to suck it up and go. The event for the night was a Bonfire which means I will now be smelling like camp fire for the next couple of days despite the amount of times I wash my hair. We get to the bonfire and I was happy to see that there were probably only about 10 people I can handle 10 people and one of those people was an older friend of mine so in a sense a go to man or a wing man someone that you know and that knows you so whether he liked it or not I would possibly cling to him all night considering he was the only person I really knew. Through out the night more and more people started showing up, the more people that showed up the more anxiety I had. I felt as if I were in high school all over again!!! I sat back and watched as the few attention seekers felt it necessary to jump over the fire to see who would fall in first, or the few who felt it necessary to get up on logs and dance in front of every one :) and then there was the girls side of the fire and boys side of the fire and occasionlly either a single boy or single girl would venture over to the opposite side to mix and mingle and then would then return to thier safety net of friends. I made an effort to talk to a couple different people but as I did so got some odd looks and the person would then smile at me then find a reason to walk away its true I was denied lol It was kinda fun catching up with one of my friends who showed up later and actually became my saving grace. Me and my sister rode to the bonfire together which we later realized was a bad idea considering I would most likely want to leave before her. But my friend showed up and as we got to catch up we did enjoy a bit of some people watch as we got to see other people try and socialize or the selective few that were a bit more like me and were a bit uncomfortable in the situation. So luckily we sang happy birthday and a couple hours after we showed up I decided to catch a ride home from my friend because I figure that was enough time in the awkward situation and I was ready to get out of the craziness and back into my comfort zone. My friend and I decided we would walk back to where we hard parked cars. Well considering it was dark and I wasnt the one who drove along the way we took a wrong turn while walking and realized we had gotten lost so we walked around different trails and roads trying to figure out where we were and its sad to say but even though we were completely lost for a bit that was when I had been the most comfortable all night lol. Eventually we found the vehicle and my friend saved me by bringing me home and here I am sharing the first of 10 experiences. I hope you are able to enjoy reading this experience more than I enjoyed living it. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment